Friday, August 21, 2009

only the good friday


They mocked me when I was singing the songs
Trying to get back to something more simple than we have
They mocked me 'cos I told it like it was

Wrote about disappointment and greed
Wrote about what we really didn't need in our lives
Make us feel alive and whole

Illusions and pipe dreams on the one hand
And straight reality is always cold
Saying something hard edged is off the wall
And it might seem too bold

Mocked me when it got out of hand
Nobody tried to understand
Now we got to keep it simple and that's that

Illusions and pipe dreams on the one hand
And straight reality is always cold
Saying something hard edged is off the wall
And it just might be too bold

Well I'm down here on the running board
Where I've been many times before
But we got to keep it simple to save ourselves

Mocked me when I tried to get back
Said the train was completely off the track
And we got to get back to something simple to save ourselves

Whoa we got to get back to something simple just to save yourselves
Well got to get back to something simple just to save yourselves
Well you got to keep it simple, keep it simple just to - and that's that

Whoa you got to keep it simple nowadays and that's just that
Whoa you got to keep it simple nowadays and that's just the way it is
And you got to keep it simple these days 'cos that's the way it is

Well you got to keep it, keep it simple and that's that

take a peek over at shelly's- and if you want to- throw a link here to your posts also

3 comments:

jmsjoin said...

I love him Thanks B I haven't listened to him for years!

Unknown said...

An icon in the music industry!

Spadoman said...

This is Good!
Van Morrison fans here at Spadoville.