Wednesday, February 27, 2008

tex-ass

i never really thought anything good came out of that state. there is so much corruption and crap there- if i had the choice of moving to mars or moving to tex-ass- i'd probably pick mars. but i happened upon a few good things from there- that i wanted to throw out there. perhaps i was wrong after all:

molly ivins

"We are the people who run this country. We are the deciders. And every single day, every single one of us needs to step outside and take some action to help stop this war...We need people in the streets, banging pots and pans and demanding, 'Stop it, now!'" (from her last column)


willie nelson

"If you break the law you have to pay for it one way or another and if these guys haven't broke the law nobody has." "The deck's been stacked and we need to figure out a way to get a new fresh deck in there in the deal and I don't know how else to do it except throw the bastards out"






miranda lambert

"We had a meeting. All the Sony people were there. I sat down at the head of the table, crossed my hands and said, ‘OK, this is who I am.’ And I just laid it out. ‘I’m from Texas. I write my own stuff. I have something to say. I’ll never dance around on stage in a
halter-top. I will always play my guitar. Now, if I can’t make a record that reflects me honestly, I’d rather just go home and play in Texas like I was. So please tell me now if you’re going to be bossing me around."

No comments: