please check out jim's post over at an average american patriot- these are 5 of the several things i did not know:
Did you know....
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies: Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory authority or oversight of the U.S. voting machine industry.
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman of ES&S. He became Senator based on votes counted by ES&S machines.
addendum 1/3/07: anonymous commenter challenged me about this list- and i certainly do not mind being called out if i am wrong- and i will always print retractions if i am wrong. upon doing some preliminary research, i have found that some of the info on this list dates to the 2004 election. i will post links to the new info i uncovered in my preliminary search for the truth.
diebold's political machine- 2004
diebold- wikipedia background
voting machine company under investigation- 2006
changes are expected in voting 2008- 2006
voting out e machines- 2007
new voting machines may not meet state standards- 2007
ohio electronic voting machines vulnerable- 2007
and just for fun- coffman, voting machine company used same advisor- 2007
info on who is related to who- and who was ceo of where- is contained in the above articles. you can look through the original list and much of this info and find answers but i will keep searching.