Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ways you can effect change

as i talk to fellow bloggers, one thing that we inevitably come back to is- what more can we do? many of us feel like we are helpless to stem the tide of stupidity that seems to be a permanent fixture of the executive branch. we have protested and voted and vented our spleens- and still marginal change. granted, the 110th has only been around for about a week- but our frustration levels have been around since 1994 and 2000. well, fellow blogger carol over at south by southwest puts out kick ass blog posts on a regular basis- and if i could post half as good as she does- i would be honored. her current post is titled: 'how bloggers can help congress' and gives some positive feedback as well as some good ideas and tips- links and what not. take a look- it is woth it. thanks for your hard work carol.

8 comments:

C-dell said...

I will visit and check some of those out.

also you post a lot fast

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the referral, betmo. you rock!!!

Peacechick Mary said...

Wow! You are right, she did do a lot of work on this. My congress purples are on my speed dial and I e-mail them more than I'd like to. One of the dud things that happens is that Senator Martinez crawls out of Bush's ass to send me stupid party line responses. Yuk.

billie said...

c-dell- somedays i tend to be a bit wordy :)

glenda- thanks man :) hope things are going good for you- the peace train is now on the fast track!!!

Chuck said...

I stopped over there. Thanks for the link. THIS is what progressive networking/blogging is all about. Good job betmo!

Spadoman said...

Thanks Betmo, great link. You know what I say in my e-mails to bush. The ones to Congresspeople and Senators are much more to the point.

Donnie McDaniel said...

Headed over to check out the links now. As far as my congressman goes, I think he freaks everytime I ask for his position.

The first time I spoke to his office, the lady that made the call back from DC was shocked to the 30th degree when I asked her if Charlie lost his freaking mind! When she asked who I was, I told her that:

"I'm the Katrinacrat, and if Charlie keeps this up, I will get out the vote against him. If you wanna know who I am, Google it! I'm not hard to find."

Within a couple of days, I started getting emails from him telling me about things he had going on and asking for support!!!!!

After the NOLA crime rally, everyone got to see firsthand what the bloggers are able to do. There was two NOLA bloggers that spoke at the rally. You know Mr. Melancon had to notice that!! Nagin sure knows about that now. Those two bloggers gave Nagin and company a verbal lashing! One even used his own words after Katrina on him! It was freaking beautiful!!!!

Carol Gee said...

Betmo, thanks so much for passing my post along. You were generous with your words. One of the things I notice about your regular readers is their apparent level of involvement. The blogosphere is a great information tool, as well as a community to which to turn, when I get "bummed out" by the next AWFUL story. Onward and upward. . .