Thursday, September 07, 2006

wrap up summer already bitch

i hate this time of year. i also hate february for the same reason- they are the ends of seasons for the most part. i hate late summer because it feels like summer is fighting tooth and nail to stay as it is being pushed out the door by autumn. it feels tired and used up and it almost like a longing for me for it to be over and go on to something new. which is somewhat strange because i am a rabid creature of habit. so- i will not be sorry to see the summer of 2006 go for a variety of reasons- but not the least among them- it has rained here on and off almost every day for the last 2 weeks. i just can't take much more humidity. it is cool- like 50 degrees right now- and humid. i have had it. the cats have had it. everything on tv is a freakin' re-run even with cable. the new season of crap doesn't start until next week. i have already subjected myself to every episode of last season's crap out of necessity- so i am all caught up. apparently, many shows on cable don't start a new season until january. groovy. did i mention that i have allergies? yes, excessive rain brings up mold and mildew spores to which i sneeze and wheeze and have to take pills that make me sleepy. sigh. so- that is my end of summer rant. hopefully summer listens and goes the hell away before i explode!

7 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

We're just settling into the mid-eighties during the day, high 60's low 70's at night, tho the air runs daily still.

Allergies? Come on down.:) I live on allergy pills.:)

Anonymous said...

bet,

I was almost on the floor laughing my a$$ off.

First, when I saw the title of this post and then as I read it.

You have a wonderful way with words. So much so that I really could see and feel how you felt.

Some of it probably has to do with the fact that I can totally relate.

You realize, as the temps drop, it will only get worse, right?

I feel the tail-end of summer is like a guest who has overstayed their welcome...at least if you are going to stick around, wash a window or do the dishes or somethin'!

Stiff uppa lip, luv!

EAPrez said...

OH MY!
Sounds like someones grumpy!!
You need a good dose of chocolate or ice cream or something :)
BUT I can empathize with you being sick of all the rain. We haven't had much of it here in Columbus Ohio.
I love the fall. Since I have lived without air conditioning all summer I am loving this. We finally had some rain here --- my grass is no longer crispy but green. It has been a bit humid but I guess I'm just used to it. Its like heaven compared to what it was a few weeks ago. I hate to see winter come and more darkness - I suffer so with seasonal affectiveness disorder. I always have to get my medications increased so I don't hide in my room and not leave it for 3 months. I would have made a better bear than human being. The idea of stuffing myself and sleeping for 3 months sounds like heaven to me :)

shawn (aka blogstud) said...

tv? you have time for tv? I am so, like, jealous.

billie said...

don't be- all i do is flip channels until i get upset that i have seen every episode on every channel that i watch. that's the other thing- i don't watch most of the channels i have because the are home shopping, sports, and news. sigh.

Anonymous said...

50-some degrees? Brrr...break out the parkas! HA HA! If you are tired of humidity, how do you think I feel here in FL where it's still 80 or 90-something until October. I might start having a few good hair days well into November...maybe December...January? Just a few months before good ol' warmth and humidity come back. At least I don't have to shovel snow, and hair gel is a great investment! LOL

Sarah said...

I'm gladly looking forward to Fall and a full NHL season!

Summer is my least favorite season, so I'm glad it's one of the shortest.