"Today in Iowa, Dennis Kucinich was informed by the Des Moines Register that he will not be invited to attend the final
why? you may ask- as i did- well, because of the stupidest reason i have encountered yet-
"because Dennis did not formally open an office with paid staff in Iowa."
so- this is democracy in action. kick out a viable candidate because he relied on volunteers who believed in his vision- not because he did anything untoward or wrong. nice. so- i got pissed and decided i would post about dennis kucinich in spite of him not being on the air to be heard. i am asking that today and tomorrow each blogger out there do the same- whether you endorse him as a candidate or not. stand up for freedom of speech and democracy by getting out the platforms and issues. if we don't, who will?
- Dennis Kucinich is the only democrat running for President who has voted against authorizing the war in Iraq and against funding its continuation.
- Dennis Kucinich is the only candidate for President with a plan for a Universal, Single-Payer, Not-for-Profit health care system.
- Dennis Kucinich will lead America into expanding opportunities, universal health care, restore our schools and strengthen Social Security and protections for private pensions.
- A corrupt campaign finance system, coupled with vulnerable electronic voting have eroded America's confidence in our elections. The USA Patriot Act and secret strategy meetings to set policy tear into the very concept of We the People. As President, Dennis will protect individual liberty and privacy and restore balance and fairness in America's electoral system.
- As the world population soars towards eight billion, critical issues of survival face all of us. Living on a planet of finite resources means that human life can not be sustained indefinitely without careful thought and compassion coupled with political courage.
- Huge, multi-national corporations ship American jobs overseas, turn a blind eye to human rights abuses and hide behind their lobbyists in Washington. Read more about Dennis' plan to instill ethics, accountability and fairness in global trade and big business.
dennis kucinich for president 2008