Tuesday, December 11, 2007

from my email

A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had
>> been going to the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a
>> long,long time.
>>
>> So she went to check it out. She went to the Wailing Wall and there
>> he was walking slowly up to the holy site.
>>
>> She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to
>> leave, using a cane in a very slow fashion, she approached him for
>> an interview.
>>
>> "Pardon me Sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN, What's your name?
>>
>> "Maury Fishbein" he replied.
>>
>> "Sir, how long have you been coming to the Wailing Wall and praying?"
>>
>> "For about 40 years."
>>
>> "40 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"
>>
>> "I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims.
>>
>> I pray for all the wars and hatred to stop, I pray for all our
>> children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their
>> fellow man."
>>
>> "How do you feel after doing this for 40 years?"
>>
>> "Like I'm talking to a fuckin' wall."

1 comment:

Larry said...

One could come to that conclusion.