Monday, June 04, 2007

books- my first love

The Little-Known Favorites Meme. Rules: List and describe three of your favorite books that other people might not be familiar with. Then tag five people.

my buddy thorne has tagged me for a book meme.
i have lots of books- but do i have obscure ones? hmmm... let's see :) no- most of my books are classics- so i will just name 3 of my faves- and hope no one has heard of them- here goes:



'the years of the locust' by loula grace erdman. this story follows a family in the loss of the patriarch and his story is told through their's.










'the scarlet pimpernel' by baroness orczy. british nobleman plays secret agent to rescue french nobility from the guillotine during the french revolution.







'the mythmaker: paul and the invention of christianity' by hyam maccoby. self expalanatory










ok- now tell me what 3 of your faves are!



1 comment:

Pam said...

I love these memes. I hate to waste my time on a bad book, so a recommendation goes a long way with me.

I want to read that Myth Maker one.

I'd have to think long and hard to name 3 faves...and limiting it would be tough. "The people's history of the united states" by howard zinn is a must read for every american. I'll get back to you on the others ;-).