Thursday, March 23, 2006

Being Thankful

Found this poem on the internet:


Thankful for Housework

I used to gripe about the job of doing household chores.
But, thanks to television news, i don't gripe anymore.
In every land and country, there are people in despair.
So, now all of my household chores, i do with loving care.
The dishes and the pots and pans that i do on aching feet,
I gladly do because it means we have enough to eat.
The sheets i change on the beds i make no longer do i dread,
Because it means that we sleep in a nice warm bed.
Vacuuming and dusting, scrubbing dirty floors and walls,
Means there's a roof above my head, so i don't mind at all.
And then there's the dirty laundry, endless baskets to attack,
But that just means my family has enough clothes on their back.
That's why i'm thankful for housework; i'm blessed abunduntly
Compared to others in the world i see on my tv.

No comments: