Friday, April 24, 2015

on the home front

i feel that i am moving into a new phase of my life- and i suppose i really am....my father passed away almost 2 years ago already and we sold the fam's florida property and most recently their ny property....that was my childhood right there :) it's a weird feeling knowing i will never go to either place again and that that link to my past is gone with nothing left but memories...which is fine as i hadn't been to either place with any regularity for decades...

my mother will be gone this year i am sure...her health is fading and she doesn't care at this point if she goes on much further down the road....i write about it matter of factly but the truth is- it's ok...i had to work through many things years ago- not the least of which was losing my mother....she hasn't been 'my mom' for some time due to her physical health declining and we both have had to switch roles and try new ones on and figure out how to continue to have a relationship....and it's ok...

my cat is 15 years old and his years are winding down too...he is my friend and although we still have a few years yet, i know that at some point, i will have another decision to make....sigh...and it doesn't help that it's spitting snow and cold again....

No comments: