Thursday, April 02, 2015

life's journey

i visited a couple of friends this week from my hometown and as i was driving back home through the rain, i teared up a bit too.....change comes hard....these last few years for me have been good and bad- happy and sad....i have been thinking about the past and the present and a bit about the future and have had a difficult time organizing my thoughts around my feelings...

my friends and i have been dealing with ageing parents and the issues facing them while processing the life changing realities of mortality and loss....watching parents struggle with illnesses brought on by life choices that were normal when they were young is not easy....straddling the line between maintaining their basic human adult autonomy and dignity and taking over daily tasks is tough....

and when you look into a pair of eyes that no longer recognize you after two decades...well, a piece of your soul is torn....

my life's journey has been turning to face a past i tried to outrun....reconciling relationships i had tried to sever and navigating the world of adult children and ailing parents....i am not alone....but it isn't easy....

No comments: