Wednesday, October 12, 2011

some days are stones

there are days when life's journey is a tough path to travel...today is one of those days...a friend and colleague passed away suddenly last night and left behind a wife and young son...we don't know why yet. my husband and i are saddened beyond description...

most folks don't know what to say when other folks are experiencing the to-the-core pain loss inflicts- whether it be loss of things or loved ones...and i completely understand...there are no words to express- in any language- and indeed they seem to just get in the way...but as painful as it is- we should embrace the emotions and feel them to the max- because to do so is what makes us human...

these emotions combined with joy and happiness are yin and yang imo and we cannot fully express our humanity without both...and, john denver hit it on the head when he wrote 'some days are diamonds- some days are stones...'

4 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Be there for the living.

Spadoman said...

You are wise my friend. Feel whatever you need to feel. I'm sending love and what energy I can your way.

Peace

Georg said...

Great song, Betmo. I nearly always appreciate very much the kind of music you post here and there.

If I may say so: your musical taste seems to be different from US American mainstream because I know now quite a lot of bloggers I like but most favour the loud, yelling variety or the pasty one. Kind of sound sound paste I hear and the end of a TV show when the happy end is nearing.

Cheers
Georg

betmo said...

hi georg :) i do tend to veer towards more 'oldies' than mainstream...i find popular music these days to be vapid, loud and non-musical...i like songs with meaningful lyrics and lyrical music :) and i also really like jazz...