live earth concerts on msn
let me just say- that my friend and i watched part of the sydney concert- FANTASTIC!!!!!! if you have an opportunity- watch some of the concerts. hamburg is looking good- as is london! streaming video- who'd a thought? i remember watching live aid as a teenager- this brings back those memories. memories of being a part of something big. something bigger than me. watch the concerts. trust me. NBC and all of its affiliates will be covering 3 hours in primetime tonight- catch some of it if you can.
The 7.7.07 Live Earth Pledge:
1. To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth;
2. To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral;"
3. To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2;
4. To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship, and means of transportation;
5. To fight for laws and policies that expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal;
6. To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests; and,
7. To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century.
Sign the Live Earth Pledge by visiting: